Is your warehouse or plant in need of a transformation? Is it time for some new equipment or a renovation? The most important step in upgrading your material handling equipment is the installation. Whether it’s pallet rack installation, wire cage installation, inplant office, or other equipment, it will work better and last longer when put in properly. Efficiency as well as safety will be improved when the necessary careful steps are performed by experts.
Benefits of Professional Material Handling Installation by CMH:
- OSHA Certified Technicians. In the industrial sector OSHA regulations are a very serious matter. It is crucial that your equipment be installed to comply with OSHA standards, and the best way to be sure of this is to let the experts handle it.
- 40+ Years of Experience. The CMH team manager has over 40 years of material handling equipment installation experience, and each technician is trained and OSHA certified. You can rest assured your installation will be carried out properly, step-by-step.
- $5 million liability policy. When you let CMH perform your installation, you are officially insured for up to $5 million for that equipment. That means there is no risk for you or your employees.
- Increased Safety. The safety of your workers is of utmost importance. Don’t risk employee injury because of faulty installation. Professional installation gives you peace of mind and increases safety in the workplace.
- Increased Efficiency. Experienced technicians can apply best installation practices to help your work flow as efficiently as possible, which increases production and streamlines procedures.
If you choose to handle your own installation, please consider the following tips for best installation practices to ensure safety and proper operation of equipment.
Pallet Rack System Installation Makes Storage and Retrieval Easier and Safer
Whatever your business, in the industrial sector it is usually necessary to store inventory from incoming parts to outgoing products. Pallet rack system installation will make the storage and retrieval of these items much easier. There are options to save space as well as extra safety measures that can improve warehouse storage; specifically for pallet rack installation, consider these factors:
- Layout of shelving. The way the racking system is laid out on the warehouse floor matters a great deal. You want to maximize space while still allowing plenty of room for forklifts and other machines to get around and access the shelves.
- Height of shelving. How high you wish to stack product is limited by the ceiling of your warehouse but also by safety regulations and floor weight capacity. It is also important not to stack shelves higher than your equipment will allow you to reach.
- Weight of products being stored. It is absolutely necessary to take into consideration the weight of products being stacked on the racks. If you stack heavy products too high, it could overwhelm the racks or the floor and cause safety risks. Pallet racks have weigh capacities that must be respected.
- Type of product being stored. Certain products such as food, pharmaceutical, or other items have special storage regulations that must be complied. The type of pallet racks and layout of shelving is very important.
- Retrieval needs. Before products are stored, consider the retrieval process. Will you be able to access the items when you need them? This affects the layout of your pallet racking system.
There is a lot to think about before installing pallet racks. This is why professional installation is a wise choice. But if you choose to handle installation yourself, be sure you understand how to properly construct and anchor the pallet racking system for the utmost safety and best performance of the equipment.
Wire Cage Installation Offers Added Security and Storage in the Workplace
Wire cages are used for all type of storage and security measures in warehouses, plants, and other businesses. From holding cells to data centers to tool and machine storage, wire cages provide partitions within your building that can be temporary or permanent. Another advantage to wire cage installation is that air can pass through, meaning there is no need to heat or cool these areas separately from the rest of the room. Most wire cage materials are easy to install, but it may still be in your best interest to have professional installation for security and regulation compliance. If securing items is of utmost importance, and especially if wire cages are being used for holding cells, proper installation is key. Wire cages and partitions are often used for:
- Data centers. Servers and data storage are often kept in wire cages to keep information secure.
- Storage lockers. Keep products safe and reduce inventory shrinkage.
- DEA drug storage. Controlled substances need to be kept under lock and key according to federal regulations.
- Holding cells. In correctional and detention facilities, secure holding cells are needed and wire cages can be used to meet this need.
- Weapons and ammunition storage. Military and civilians use wire cages for storage of weaponry and ammunition, which must be kept secure.
- Machinery and tool storage. Expensive machinery and tools need to be kept safe when not in use, and wire cages can do the job.
Due to the nature of how wire cages and partitions are used, proper installation is crucial. Follow instructions meticulously in order to ensure the utmost security for your inventory, products, tools, machines, weapons, etc. Using experienced, trained installers is the safest option to make sure your wire partitions are up to code and fully secure.
Inplant Offices Provide Quick and Easy Renovation Options
If you’re in need of office space but don’t have much space to spare, consider an inplant or modular office. Section off a corner of a room and make it into an office where you can view production and still have a barrier from the noise and dust. Lacking floor space entirely? Try a mezzanine office that sits above the main floor while the space below remains open. The best part about inplant offices is that installation is quick and easy. Using trained experts for installation is recommended to be sure everything is up to code and completely safe. Tips for inplant office installation:
- Choose the best location. Truly consider the everyday procedures and traffic of your warehouse before choosing the placement of your office. While modular structures can be moved, it’s easier to put them in the best place to start with.
- Consider noise. If you wish for a quiet office, position it farthest away from the noisy portions of your plant or warehouse.
- Keep it clean. You should also avoid the messiest parts of your warehouse to keep your office space free from dirt and debris.
- Think about proximity to outside doors and windows. Consider the placement of doors and windows. Perhaps it would be helpful to position your office so that there is an entrance directly from the outside so that customers can avoid the warehouse if they prefer. If you would like your office to have a window to the outside, choose to build it around a window.
Certified installation technicians can help you to determine the best placement of your inplant office. Allow the experts to lend their advice so that you are satisfied with your results.
Installation is Available for all Types of Equipment
Other types of equipment can be professionally installed as well, such as drum handling equipment, lifts, conveyers, and more. To discuss how material handling equipment installation can benefit your business, contact Carolina Material Handling at (336) 294-2346.