Plants and warehouses are hustle and bustle every day, and night in most cases. That’s why warehouse safety is very important to the employees as well as the material handling equipment being used. Guardrails are a huge factor when considering these safety issues. Carolina Material Handling Guardrails help to protect not only valuable employees, but also property and other equipment from forklifts, sweepers or facility equipment accidents. Every year, OSHA estimates that over 68,000 accidents happen involving powered material handling equipment. Nearly 95,000 workers suffer from injuries in these accidents, ultimately resulting in lowered production, warehouse or plant damage, as well as insurance claims.
A few facts to keep in mind when considering Carolina Material Handling Guardrails include:
- Extremely durable and can withstand the impact of a ten thousand pound load traveling at a speed of four miles per hour.
- Prevents damage to your property by providing a strong barrier in the aisles and in front of the material handling equipment.
- Prevents expensive damage due to accidents.
- Made from galvanized steel for collision resistance and to prevent corrosion.
The base plates for the guardrails are anchored to the floor and all of the components for the guardrails are bolted together. There are additional options available including offset column base plates, rail lift kits and corner offset columns. There are also multiple rail lengths available that include 4′, 6′, 8′ and 12′ sections.
Guardrail accessories offered here at Carolina Material Handling are as follows:
- Spring posts with a height of 24” and weight of 15 lbs.
- Tubular posts with a height of 18” and a weight of 24 lbs.
- Tubular posts with a height of 42” and a weight of 41 lbs.
- End caps with a weight of 5 lbs.
Having guardrails at your plant or warehouse will also give your employees peace of mind knowing that you are just as concerned about their well being as you are about your material handling equipment and whatever materials you may have. A safer environment will not only improve production but also employee attitude and an all around safe atmosphere.
Carolina Material Handling equipment has you and your company covered on many aspects of the business. Safety is always number one in a warehouse and plant. You can contact us at 800-822-8833 if you have questions about our guardrails. We are open Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
Please consider the positive aspects of guardrails and how they will help your business environment. Carolina Material Handling is a trusted storage and handling provider since 1971.
(source: Reduce lift truck damage to plant. http://www.manufacturing.net/news/2014/09/reduce-lift-truck-damage-to-plant, September 23, 2014)